House Clearance Quotes
How to choose the right House Clearance Company:
- Plan as far in advance as possible and don`t leave it to the last minute
- Call a minimum of three clearance companies for quotes.
- Check that the company has a physical address you can visit if you need to and that the address is local. Many House Clearance business`s like to give the impression that they are local when they are not. A local business is likely to be easier to hold to account in the event of any problems.
- Make sure the company will visit to quote at a time that is convenient for you.
- If the company wants to quote over the phone only , hang up and try another one.
- Ask the companies how they require payment and when. A reputable company will only require payment once the job is complete.
- Don`t deal with any company that requires any payment up front, No Deposit, No Part Payment.
- Avoid any House Clearance Business that insists on cash only payment.
- Ask if you get any discount or allowance for any saleable items in the property.
- Ask If the value of the goods in the property outweigh the cost of the clearance will you get the difference ?
- Check waste carriers registration and Insurance.
Following these simple steps will help you choose the right House Clearance Company for you and ensure you don`t get ripped off by rogue traders.
There is a website for the Association of UK House Clearance Companies who list reputable companies. Some of them appear to be larger organisations trying to appear local but they have a good and reputable standing with the association.
“There are hundreds of honest, reliable house clearance companies around, just because they are not members of this site does not mean they are a bad house clearance company. Our current members simply wish to show their customers they are a part of an organization that enforces a strict code of practice that puts customer satisfaction first.” Source UK House Clearance Association
Customer satisfaction is important to us and we feel we are able to resolve any issues ourselves.
Did you know that many companies can buy local phone numbers to make them appear as though they are in your area ?
The use of 0800 numbers disguises the geographic location of business`s too.
If you want a local business, check them out and check out their offices.