Fridge Disposal Services
Fridge Disposal and Recycling Services.
Lancashire House Clearance provide a safe reliable fridge Disposal service.
This is a set price for each appliance if its just picking it up from outside your property. If the appliance is inside the price depends on access, is it upstairs, how many floors etc Please contact us for pricing.
Old Fridges and Freezers can be a real hazard to the environment.
Besides the plastics, there are greenhouse gasses to be aware of.
Lancashire House Clearance make sure that your old fridge is disposed of safely and legally.
We have a set price for collection and safe disposal of your old fridges and freezers. It isn’t just fridges and freezers that have coolant in them. Air conditioning units too must be disposed of properly.
Call us to book a collection. 07833 448272
Fridge Disposal Information
It is important to dispose of fridges and freezers properly for a number of reasons.
- Refrigerants: Fridges and freezers contain a type of refrigerant called chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs). CFCs are harmful to the ozone layer, which protects the Earth from harmful ultraviolet radiation from the sun. When fridges and freezers are disposed of improperly, the CFCs can leak out and damage the ozone layer.
- Hazardous materials: Fridges and freezers also contain other hazardous materials, such as mercury and lead. These materials can be harmful to human health and the environment if they are not disposed of properly.
- Safety hazards: Old fridges and freezers can be a safety hazard. The doors can be difficult to open, and the insulation can be damaged, which can allow heat to build up and create a fire hazard.
To dispose of fridges and freezers properly, you should contact a local recycling center or hazardous waste disposal company. These companies will have the proper equipment and procedures to dispose of the fridge or freezer safely and environmentally friendly.
Here are some additional tips for disposing of fridges and freezers properly:
- Make sure you use a licenced waste carrier for your fridge disposal.
- The fridge or freezer is “Hazardous Waste” so only a licenced waste disposal company or your local authority should remove it but, if you have transport, you can take it to your local household waste centre for free.
- Remove any food, ice, or other contents from the fridge or freezer.
- Drain any water or from the fridge or freezer this will make handling safer and help prevent the water making a slippery surface.
- Contact your local Council or Licencec waste disposal company to schedule a pickup.