Do you need a House Clearance?
Do You Need a House Clearance, Who Should You Use ?
There is a lot to consider when choosing a house clearance company. Price is just one of the things you need to take into account.
You should also ask :-
- Is this company legitimate ?
- Do the company hold an upper tier waste carriers licence?
- Will the stuff be disposed of properly?
- Are they insured in case of any damage to property?
- Do they want any up front payment?
- Is the payment ” Cash Only”?
- Membership of any trusted organisations
Helpful House Clearance Hints
- In the case of a sole trader house clearance business, it’s not easy to make this call. So use your judgement when you get a visit to quote. Ask questions about waste carriers registration and insurance. Find out where your stuff goes to.
- All House Clearance and Rubbish Removal Companies must be registered with The Environment Agency as Upper Tier waste carriers. Waste Carrier Numbers starts with CBDL and CBDU . Only the Upper Tier CBDU can legally charge to remove your junk. In other words, we would say without hesitation No CBDU, No Job!
- Always ask where does your stuff go to? Every house clearance and rubbish removal company should be able to tell you this. If they are a bit vague, beware!
- Lancashire House Clearance hold insurance against damage or injury caused during our work. Therefore we believe a responsible business should be but, are unsure if this is a legal requirement.
- A deposit or any up-front payment alarm bells should ring. Do not pay anything up front to anyone. Payment upon completion of a house clearance or rubbish removal is good enough.
- If a company insists on cash only, again beware. This is a key sign of a rogue operator. ( Not ALL cash only operators are rogues to be fair).
- Look for trust indicators online. Check out the company you are thinking of using. Lancashire County Council Trading Standards run a Safe Trader Scheme. Search their site to find a trustworthy company.
Contact Us For a FREE No Obligation Accurate Quote