Do House Clearance Companies Pay you?
This is a question that is asked regularly and generally the answer in no. This is because clearing a full house is a lot of work and it incurs a cost in labour and disposal costs. If the value of the contents is greater than the cost, then we will pay you the difference.
We will buy items from you without doing a full house clearance though. See Below.
Normally a good house clearance company will offer a reduction in cost where there are any items with any value. Sometimes, your idea of what has value and our ideas are completely different. We have pulled stuff out of skips before today and paid £££’s for it.
The customer thought they had left the “good stuff” in the house but we disregarded it and started rummaging through the skip on the dirveway.
There are a few reasons why a house clearance company might not be able to pay you.
- The items you have might not be worth anything. If the items are old, damaged, or not in demand, the company might not be able to sell them and make a profit.
- The company might not have the resources to pay you. Some companies are small and don’t have a lot of money. They might not be able to afford to pay you for your items.
- The company might be trying to scam you. Some companies will offer to pay you for your items, but they will never actually pay you. They are just trying to get you to give them your items for free.
If you are considering using a house clearance company, be sure to do your research and get quotes from several companies before making a decision. This will help you to ensure that you are not being scammed.
Here are some tips for avoiding being scammed by a house clearance company:
- Get quotes from several companies before making a decision.
- Ask about the company’s experience and reputation.
Make sure the company is licensed and insured.
- Get everything in writing, including the price, the terms of payment, and what will happen to your items.
If you think you have been scammed by a house clearance company, you should report it to the authorities. You should also contact your local Trading Standards Team.
Lancashire House Clearance Buy Almost Anything
Lets assume you need to clear a house. Some of the items in the house may have a value and you may want to sell them separately before arranging a house clearance for the rest.
Visit our buying page and book a visit and quote.